You’re a bride and you’ve got this wedding planning thing down. You have made a color coded guest list, created a itemized spread sheet for your budget, booked some awesome vendors, and worked through a lot of day-of logistics. You are one organized wedding planning machine. But there is one element that you just can’t wrap your brain around: design. You don’t know how to pick a linen or discuss your centerpieces. All the resources out there seem overwhelming so you avoid the situation. Well, avoid no more. I’ve got five easy tips to help find YOUR wedding inspiration:
1. Wedding Blogs: In my opinion, blogs are hands down the best resource for wedding inspiration. Don’t know where to begin? Start with some of my other favorites: Style Me Pretty or Every Last Detail. Not only will you find some design inspiration, but also great wedding advice from vendors and brides alike.
2. Bridal Magazines: I think the first thing most newly engaged gals do (other than scream with joy and call their mamas) is buy bridal magazines. I keep a healthy stock in the office and love to pull one during a consult to get a feel for a bride’s style. Some of my favorite wedding mags are: Martha Stewart Weddings, The Knot, and Southern Weddings.
3. Pinterest: Pinterest is a fantastic resource! All those wedding blogs I just mentioned? Did you think, “How the heck should I remember, organize, and/or save what I like from these sites?” Fear no more.. that’s what Pinterest is for! Read up on how it works here and then follow me!
4. Everyday Life: Don’t have time for the internet or magazines? Look around you for easy inspiration! By looking at your closet, your favorites stores, and your home, you’ll get a sense of what you already like.. even if you didn’t realize it before. If your house is full of vintage accents, work with that! If you think your two best friends (and bridesmaids) look great in pink, roll with it. Sometimes the answers to your design dilemma are right in front of you.
5. People: Make a list all about YOU.. food you love, favorite movies and music, nicknames, habits, your job.. anything you can think of. Next, have your fiance do the same thing. Trade off and read each others answers for a good laugh then do the same project again.. but as a couple. You’ll see that y’all drink Cheerwine with every meal. Translate that into glass bottles of your favorite Southern soda in welcome bags or as favors. Y’all love a particular sports team? Use jerseys as photo booth props. The possibilities are endless.
I hope these tips are helpful to find your wedding inspiration! Are there any resources that you find particularly helpful when finding your inspiration?
About Leigh Pearce Weddings: Leigh Pearce Weddings is a full service wedding planning and design company. We are committed to providing thoughtful planning services, timeless designs, and unparalleled coordination experiences. Our clients value timeless events, Southern hospitality, and creating memorable experiences to last a lifetime. We work with a select number of clients every year in order to focus on giving an exceptional experience from I will to I do. Your planning process and wedding day are treated with the utmost care, attention to detail, and personal touches. It is our goal to exceed your expectations in every way. We are based in Greensboro, North Carolina and are available for travel throughout the Southeast. Some of our favorite destinations are Asheville, Charlotte, Charleston, Chapel Hill, Durham, High Point, Raleigh, Richmond, Wilmington, Winston-Salem, and the Outer Banks.