How do you get legally married in Greece?
What are the legal requirements to get married in Greece?
- FULL birth certificate of the bride and groom,
- Certificate of no impediment to marriage or marriage license or capacity to marry of the bride and groom,
- Divorce / adoption / change of name certificates where applied,
- Passports of the bride and groom.
How many days do you have to be in Greece before getting married?
For all the Greek Islands there is a minimum residency period of 7-9 days depending on the chosen Island – please ask as at the time of booking. >>
How much does it cost to marry in Greece?
The average cost of a wedding in Greece is around $19,337 (€16,654). You’ll have to cough up just a hair under $20,00 for a wedding in Greece, according to the UK Alliance of Wedding Planners.
Where is the best place to get married in Greece?
The Best Destination Wedding Venues in Greece
- Casa Playa Beach, Zakynthos. If you have ever dreamed of a beach wedding, then a wedding at Casa Playa Beach in Zakynthos is the perfect setting. …
- Agreco Farm, Crete. …
- Amaltheia, Varkiza. …
- Deda Estate, Thessaloniki. …
- Cameo Island, Zakynthos.
Do I qualify for a Greek passport?
You must live in Greece for at least seven years before being eligible to apply for citizenship. In addition, you must also be able to prove you have ties to the country and knowledge of the Greek language and culture, at least on a basic level.
Which country is easiest to get married?
Easiest countries to Get Married in Around the World
- Las Vegas. This is the easiest place in the world in which to get married, and is well known as the “Wedding Capital of the World”. …
- Gibraltar. …
- Caribbean. …
- Denmark. …
- New York. …
- Cyprus. …
Is it legal to get married in Santorini?
Is our civil marriage in Santorini legal worldwide? Yes, the marriage certificate is a legal document issued by the Greek Government and accepted internationally. You will use the certificate to register your marriage back home when you have received it.
Is it expensive to get married in Santorini?
The average wedding cost in Santorini is 1200 euros. Couples, on average, spend between 800 euros and 6000 euros but, most couples spend less than 2000 euros. This does not include cost for a wedding reception and honeymoon.
Can Brits get married in Greece?
In order to marry in Greece, you will need to acquire a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) from the UK. This is a legal document that states that it is legal for you and your partner to wed. … The marriage licence will take at the minimum 7 days to be issued, although it can take a few months.