In order for an Australian citizen (or a permanent resident who is domiciled in Australia) to marry in Bali or NTB, it is necessary to make an application at the Consulate for a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage. … In most cases the certificate can be processed on the same day.
Is marriage in Indonesia Recognised in Australia?
Yes, since 1 January 1995 any legally performed marriage in an overseas country, which would have been legal had it been performed in Australia, is accepted as a legal marriage under Australian Law.
Can you get legally married in Bali?
To get legally married in Bali you are required to have both a religious and legal ceremony (excepting Muslim couples). The religious ceremony and the legal ceremony must be held at the same location on the same day. … And that ceremony is already considered as legal marriage in Bali or Indonesia.
Is getting married overseas legal in Australia?
While you can’t register an overseas marriage in Australia, in most cases, the marriage will be legally recognised in Australia. … The marriage must be recognised as valid under the law of the country at the time it was entered into.
How much does it cost to get married in Bali?
A wedding in Bali costs 500 USD – 50.000 USD
Asking what is the cost of a wedding in Bali is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. An elopement wedding with a simple ceremony in the garden of your villa may cost you as little as 500 USD, or even less.
Can I get married in 2 different countries?
Answer. Yes. Your husband’s bigamy (being legally married to two women at the same time) could cause your interviewing officer at United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to decide that you are practicing polygamy. … After all, you are not married to two people, and you haven’t done anything wrong.
Can foreigners get married in Bali?
To get legal wedding in Bali and Lombok, every couple should have both Religious and Civil Ceremonies. … Indonesia’s authorities require all foreigners whom wish to get legal wedding in Bali to get CNI (Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage).
What documents do you need to get married in Bali?
- Certificate of the religious marriage;
- Passport for foreign citizens, or KTP (Identity card) for Indonesian citizens;
- Certified birth certificate;
- Certified divorce decree (absolute) or death certificates regarding the termination of all previous marriages;
Where can I get married in Bali?
THE BEST WEDDING VENUES IN BALI
- The Cliff-Edge Cabana at Alila Villas Uluwatu. …
- The Surga Villa Estate. …
- Wonderland Uluwatu. …
- The Forest Pool & Garden Rooftop at Bisma Eight. …
- Villa Tamarama at The Ungasan Clifftop Resort. …
- Beachfront at W Bali – Seminyak. …
- The Glass House at Tirtha Bridal. …
- The Penthouse at Alila Seminyak.
Can I move to Australia if I marry an Australian?
If you are engaged to an Australian citizen or permanent resident, then you may enter Australia on a Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 130) and marry your intended. … Once you enter Australia and marry your partner, you may apply for a Partner Visa. The Partner Visa is a permanent resident visa.
What documents do I need to get married in Australia?
What are the documents needed?
- Original birth certificate or original birth extract.
- Original passport, Australian or overseas.
- If you were married previously, you need to show proof of divorce (Divorce Certificate or a Decree Absolute) or a death certificate.
Is your marriage legal if you get married abroad?
Validity of Marriages Abroad
In general, marriages which are legally performed and valid abroad are also legally valid in the United States. Inquiries regarding the validity of a marriage abroad should be directed to the attorney general of the state where you live.