There are many purposes that can be served by engaging with the media, including: To inform/educate different groups about a complicated or contentious issue. To empower the audience to contribute to ongoing public debates. To highlight and explain important yet little known, or poorly understood issues.
How do you engage with media?
Ten top tips for engaging with the media
- Be strategic. …
- Take advice – you’re not alone. …
- Don’t expect journalists to share your agenda. …
- Do your research. …
- Give journalists notice. …
- Have a clear message and deliver it in plain English. …
- Be interesting. …
- Consider the time factor.
Should I post my engagement on social media?
While it’s tempting to share the big news with your entire social network, resist the urge to post within the first few hours, or even the first day that you get engaged. Good engagement etiquette dictates that you make sure that you’ve contacted all your close family members and friends personally before posting.
What should I Caption my engagement post?
Cute Engagement Captions
- The easiest “Yes” I’ve ever said.
- Does this ring make me look engaged?
- We’ll be the cutest old couple ever.
- All the feels.
- We’re getting married (!!!!)
- The beginning of forever.
- My person… for life.
- I said yaaaaaas.
Is earned media paid?
Earned media is favorable exposure that a company has not paid for or created. It can be a story idea that’s pitched to the media–newsworthy or entertaining enough to garner usage based on its own merit. It can also be a creative campaign that goes viral across multiple social media sites.