Absolutely not. Plan your wedding however you are comfortable with. No reception does not mean no celebration at all, so you can be as creative with your dinner menu as you want. … Just let your guests know about your meal arrangement ahead of time, so when they come to your wedding, they know what to expect.
Is it weird to have a wedding without a reception?
There’s nothing wrong with having a wedding without dinner. … “Hosting a dessert reception, cocktail party, or wedding brunch is becoming a popular (and cost-effective) alternative to hosting a seated dinner style event,” says event planner Christiane Lehman.
Is wedding reception necessary?
There are several reasons one can have a wedding without a reception. … You can still have a great wedding celebration even without a reception, provided you have a small guest list, really very small guest list. Of course, even when you don’t plan to host a reception, you will need to feed your guests.
What do you do if you don’t want a big wedding?
What if I don’t want a Big Wedding?
- Camping. A wedding weekend that includes camping will involve logistics that are much more manageable with a small group. …
- Beach Wedding – with a PNW twist. …
- Treehouse Ceremony. …
- Brunch. …
- Intimate Dinner Party. …
- Destination Wedding.
What is the difference between a wedding and a reception?
a reception comes after (or before) a ceremony. … A ceremony is usually a celebration of a person or people for a certain event in that person’s life. a wedding is a ceremony. a wedding reception is the party after the wedding.
How do you wish a wedding reception?
Casual Wedding Wishes
- “Here’s to a long and happy marriage!”
- “Wishing you all of the love and happiness!”
- “We’re so happy for you!”
- “I’m seeing a fun-filled life in your future. …
- “So honored to spend this happy occasion with you and your family.”
- “Wishing you the best today and beyond.”
Can you have a reception months after wedding?
Can You Have a Reception Months After a Wedding? … In any case, as with post-wedding reception etiquette, the date of the wedding reception after a courthouse wedding is entirely up to the host couple. Because of this, couples have many more options when planning a delayed party instead of a wedding reception.
How can I make my wedding not traditional?
8 Non Traditional Wedding Ideas That Will Wow Your Guests
- Have Your Wedding Be a Complete Surprise.
- Add a Specific Theme For Your Non Traditional Wedding.
- Mix Up Your Wedding Timeline.
- Plan Your Ultimate Day.
- Opt for An Elopement Wedding.
- Ditch The White Dress & Opt for Something Bold.
Is 70 a small wedding?
Mason considers 75 to 150 guests to be an “average” size wedding, and anything over 150 to be a “large” wedding. For weddings under 75, she breaks them down into three categories: Intimate wedding: Between 50 and 75 guests. Small wedding: Less than 50 guests.
Is it weird to have a small wedding?
By keeping the affair small, you can save a lot on meals, seats, wedding favors, and invitations. So, if you’re on a strict budget, a small wedding is obviously ideal. Besides, you can use whatever money you save toward an extravagant honeymoon, or to plan a more lavish celebration.